Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I'm Done with Sickness!

The kids are getting very good at ice skating and wanting to go all the time. We went on Thanksgiving night again this year and I was able to watch as the kids skated. Braden loves to wear full gear and Caitlin likes to look pretty!
They both have decided to start skating lessons in January. They will both be in the same class which is good, they will eventually split off, Caitlin going to figure skating and Braden to hockey.
On December 16 both kids will be getting their tonsils and adenoids out. Braden will also be getting tubes put back in. And I am so ready for it! Caitlin just had strep again, the second time in 3 weeks. Braden had strep 3 weeks ago and has an ear infection now.
Braden lost his tube in his left ear awhile ago, the tube in the right ear is just sitting there. I truly believe that when he does not have the tubes his ears cannot drain the way they are suppose to.
And both kids snore loudly, Caitlin stops breathing at night. This in one of the main reasons why all the Doctors want to do the surgery. Also, Caitlin has not been growing, though anyone who knows how I was as a kid knows that I was the same way, but they feel this may help.
Today we went for the preoperation and we were cleared for surgery! I am super excited because I want my kids to be healthy and not to have to take so much medicine. Though I know when the day comes I won't be as excited, I get to go with them to the OR and be with them when the Doctor puts the mask on them to put them to sleep. It will be very hard but I know it is for a good reason.
We are looking forward to a great (healthy) holiday! Nonie, Jeff, Jesse and Mark are coming to visit and we are super excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment