Sunday, April 4, 2010

An Amazing Easter



Were to start? On Friday I attended Stations of the Cross at church. It is a recreation of Jesus's final time up to when he dies on the cross. It was very moving. It is like the Passion.










Then the kids and I went to the annual egg hunt at Sarah's house. Of course they had fun and got a lot more candy!











On Saturday morning my parents took the kids for the day. They went to their club for yet another egg hunt. Caitlin remembered from last year that someone gets a golden egg, which they turn in for a big Easter basket full of things. She kept telling me she was going to get it. I talked to her and told her she could try but it was ok if she didn't get it and to tell the person who did good job. There are lots of kids in this hunt so it is not something that can be easily done. So imagine my surprise when I called to check in on them and she told me she found the "golden" egg! I thought she was kidding. Nope, she did and got a basket with a huge chocolate egg and a stuffed bunny. We have not touched the chocolate bunny yet!
James and I went to a prayer vigil in the morning and then had practice for Mass. We had a break before having to return to church in the evening. Mass started at 9 p.m. outside. All four priest precided over the ceremony. We were considered the guests of honor and we were the firsts ones in the sanctuary. Those that had not been baptized were baptized first, there were a total of 18 people. Then we were all confirmed by the Monsigneur, followed by all the priests and deacons blessing us. We then received the Euchrist for the first time as Catholics. I can honestly say it was truly amazing and life changing. Both James and I had sponsors for our journey that guided us through the process and I can say I was blessed to have someone very special!

The ceremony lasted until midnight then there was a reception in our honor. We left and got home about 1 am. Braden had a asmtha attack and of course I did not leave my parents with an inhaler so we had to go up and resue them at 2 am. We got home at 3 then had to stay up and prepare for Easter Sunday, get the clues out for the baskets, get the baskets filled and the eggs stuffed. I finally crashed at 4 am. The kids let us sleep until 8 in the morning, later than usual. They had fun hunting for their baskets using the clues that the Easter Bunny left. They played with their new things for a bit then hunted outside for the eggs. We took an early morning walk to the store for the paper, it was a nice thing to do since usually we are at church at that time.
I started my tomato plants in the afternoon. I am really hoping I get some good ones this year. Fresh picked tomatoes are my favorite! We all did some yard work since the day was so lovely!

Now both kids are falling asleep, it is 7:15. I am soon to follow!!









Happy Easter to everyone and God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment