Friday, April 9, 2010

My Birthday!

So, yesterday was my 35th birthday. Needless to say it was memorable. Braden woke up having a fever and asked for chocolate milk, now you have to know that the kid can drink a gallon of chocolate milk a day. So, when he took a sip and told me it tasted yucky I knew something was wrong. We went to to the walk in clinic at the pediatricians office. The Dr. took one look down his throat and said he has strep. In my mind I was thinking, thank goodness it is him because he takes medicine like a champ, not his sister. About 2 hours after taking his first dose of antibiotics and motrin he was a new kid. I decided to head up to my moms house, pretty much to get out of the house and visit her. Caitlin kept wanting to sit with me, I kept telling her to go and play. We drove home and I decided to keep them outside to play since it was such a nice day. At one point I looked over and noticed Caitlin sitting in a ball in the garage. I brought her upstairs and took her temperature, it immediately went to 102 and of course it was after the Dr. office had closed. I decided to take her to the Minute Clinic b/c I wanted to get her looked at before the night. Again, the nurse looked in her mouth and said her throat was red and swollen, the test immediately tested positive for strep. Great, now I have to give my child who hates medicine, medicine. Though I have to say we are on day 2 and she has done a great job. And, I really can't complain b/c that is exactly how I am with medicine!
Both kids woke up today like new kids, happy, playful, fiesty as ever!!
We had a great day. The kids played her all morning then this afternoon we met up with neighborhood friends at our playground. The kids had fun and are worn out.
Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures for this post, I keep forgetting my camera. But tomorrow I am meeting up with my sister and her family and will bring my camera.
Hope you all have a good one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment